IoT or Internet of things is all physical devices that are connected to the internet or wireless networks to be able to work functionally. With the rapid development of technology today, there are more and more sophisticated internet-based tools that make human life easier.
Starting from smart cars with self-driving features, virtual assistants such as Siri, cloud servers, and even remote control cars for children’s toys. Well if you want to learn more about the Internet of Things, you are in the right place. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about IoT.
Internet Of Things (IoT)
Internet of things is all things and devices that use wireless networks and internet networks in the system. The device will have the ability to transmit data and transmission over a network without any human intervention. Thanks to advanced computer chips and today’s many wireless networks, almost any device can become part of the Internet of Things.
This means that the Internet of Things is not limited to the information technology or IT industry. You can find many examples of IoT in everyday life !. In essence, IoT is a form of communication between machines and networks. This IoT technology can also be referred to as M2M or machine to machine.
Now, after knowing the meaning and also a brief history of the Internet of Things, it’s time to learn about its benefits.
Here is a brief explanation of the benefits and advantages of IoT:
Easier connectivity process
The main benefit of IoT is the ease of connectivity it offers. Through IoT, connections can be made more quickly and practically without using cables.
In addition, IoT also uses intelligent technology that ensures network connections and devices run smoothly. Of course, this makes any job easy.
Improve work efficiency
Another benefit of IoT is the work efficiency it offers. Thanks to connectivity through smart technology, IoT can reduce the time required for a job.
Of course, this is very helpful for businesses and companies to improve their work efficiency. In addition, IoT can also be used to monitor work effectiveness.
The Internet of Things itself is formed from several basic components! Here are some elements of IoT and also a brief explanation.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – one of the basic components of IoT is artificial intelligence that functions as the “brain” of a device. This AI technology provides intelligence according to the function of the device itself.
- Connectivity – without a network connection, IoT will not function properly. Connectivity is a key component of IoT that helps devices to connect to a specified network.
- Sensor – Sensors on IoT devices aim to define the instrument and turn the device into an active system that can perform its functions accordingly.
- Active engagement – many conventional devices still use passive engagement methods. IoT implements active, active engagement in the range of products, and services are available.
- Small and compact devices – in this increasingly modern era, many small devices are capable of doing many things, smartphones for example. One of the characteristics of IoT is the use of sophisticated small devices.
Currently, the Internet of Things has been used by many fields, Golden friends! Here are some examples of IoT deployments:
- Energy — in this field IoT can be used for the application of sensors that detect light, as a connection for wireless charging, and much more.
- Transportation — IoT technology can also be used to create self-driving smart cars, autopilot systems on airplanes, or traffic systems on the streets.
- Agriculture — in this field, IoT can be used to collect data such as temperature, rainfall, etc. through an automated machine.